The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread

This.

I am really having a struggle with modern football, exacerbated by coming back up to the league we HAVE to be in, with the football tourists returning, the way it is all $ and so unbalanced etc. Then you look at how physical the game was, and how wimpy it is now. As you say, the cheating, diving, fannying around etc. It isn't the game I fell in love with. (And obviously my personal issue this summer didn't really enhance my opinion of those twerps who run this greed league!)

But I don't seem to be able to fall out of love with our beautiful Aston Villa !
I would agree, but I didn't see much of the diving or rolling around at Villa Park yesterday from either team. Credit to both teams.

QUOTE="JP Healy, post: 2041479, member: 141797"]Andy lochhead,Andy Gray and Peter Withe were often ---------s but delivered more often than not. Wesley or Maupay? The ---------s for me.[/QUOTE]

Is maupay as good as any of those you listed? Not currently, though as you are a fan of tossers like him perhaps you think differently. For me he's not worth putting up with.

There was no advantage to gain by his snide little knee on Heaton yesterday, he wasn't retaliating for something Heaton had done. He just saw an opportunity to have a cowardly dig and took it, just like when he deliberately stamped on Chester last season. He's a little coward who will seriously injure someone some day.

I have not read all the way through the thread yet but I feel that there is a point worth making. When we were relegated we only won three games all season - we have won three games already and it not even Christmas yet. Just goes to show how we have progressed.
We did go down with one of the worst points total ever so it's a very low bar

QUOTE="JP Healy, post: 2041479, member: 141797"]Andy lochhead,Andy Gray and Peter Withe were often ---------s but delivered more often than not. Wesley or Maupay? The ---------s for me.

Is maupay as good as any of those you listed? Not currently, though as you are a fan of tossers like him perhaps you think differently. For me he's not worth putting up with.

There was no advantage to gain by his snide little knee on Heaton yesterday, he wasn't retaliating for something Heaton had done. He just saw an opportunity to have a cowardly dig and took it, just like when he deliberately stamped on Chester last season. He's a little coward who will seriously injure someone some day.[/QUOTE]
Currently he is a better striker than Wesley.

If you want to see why VAR is corrupt and not working fairly, then watch the manure goal.

The thing is the referees are in charge of VAR and they are all pals so they will automatically be biased, also they all hate VAR because having VAR means that they are not fit to do their job and want it to fail so they are doing their upmost to corrupt the use of it.

The best solution is to have independent neutrals to do the VAR reviews.

Can anyone with a brain tell me how they looked like they had 3 players more all game?

That was painful to watch but we have deserved some luck this season.

So many players sluggish and off the pace yesterday, Jack Grealish was absolutely outstanding.

Cannot believe we did not buy Maupay - madness.
Wesley is in and out. At times he looks lkkd he isn't bothered. At least Davis had a go. As smith said they cut through our lines far too easily. And ghazi isn't doing it often enough.

="crimsondonkey, post: 2041296, member: 2523"

Maupay - did fuck all and was subbed, give your head a wobble.

I thought he did far more than Wesley who also got subbed

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Its this misplaced notion that we should have bought Maupay instead :shake:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he did far more than Wesley who also got subbed

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Its this misplaced notion that we should have bought Maupay instead :shake:
Not saying Maupay is Mr Magic but he is street wise and Wesley ain't. Wes is a gamble that may yet pay off and Dean knew all about Maupay and thought he was overpriced. Just my opinion but Maupay is a pain in the arse and would have suited our style of play. Wes looks a novice at times and we ain't good enough to carry any passengers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nakamba has been great, but Saturday probably his worst game. Hopefully a blip.
El ghazi had his one shit game in 4.
Wes had his 1 shit game in 2.

That’s why we looked like we had 8-9 men until trez and keinan came on.

Hopefully everything will click and everyone will be back to their best for citeh

Looked to me that Dean got all the pressing triggers wrong and was out thought by Mr Potter, hence why we couldn’t get near them. That really didn’t help marvelous as it was too easy to get behind him and run at the defence.

Good old super jack got dean outa trouble with this one!